Professional Headshots that deliver
How do you find the right Headshot photographer for you? I have come up with my Top 5 Expert Tips on finding the right person who will deliver amazing headshots to suit you, your industry and style (from an insiders point of view!). Photography is a very personal affair and I believe you should feel very comfortable with the photographer yet also be assured they will get you the results you are after!
- Photography Style – check out their other work so you can see if you like their style. Different clients will create different results but generally there is a certain style with each photographer. I recommend looking around to see what style suits you. I am a lover of outdoor, natural backdrop photography that makes my clients stand out with a relaxed vibe to their images. What do you like? You can also check out these other 2 headshot photo shoots to compare – City + Urban
- Customer Reviews – be sure to read any reviews the photographer has, either on their websites, Google or Facebook are all good places to check out.
- Communicate your ideas – discussing your ideas with your photographer is essential in getting what you are after. Having a good plan of action for location ideas, outfits and the overall goal you are after is key to great photos you can use professionally. I sit down with my Personal Brand Photoshoot clients and run them through a full branding and brainstorming session to ensure we are covering their ideas and come up with a plan of action for the day of the photoshoot.
- Pricing $$ – be sure to check the pricing and exactly what’s included in the photo shoot. Does the photo shoot include images? If not, how much extra are they? Do they offer packages (this could be more cost effective)? Are they value for money? What is your budget and does it fit with your plan? Ask lots of questions!
- Gallery – after the photo shoot is all done and dusted, what happens next? Your photographer should communicate clearly with you about the next steps. Will the images be edited? Are they uploaded to an online gallery? Will you receive them on a USB or download them? Are they on a private, viewer only gallery?
If you’re still not sure, chat to me about what you have in mind and together we can come up with a plan. For more information on my headshots, visit my headshot page for all the relevant information.
Not sure if you need a Personal Brand photo shoot or just a Headshot?